- Make your surroundings comfortable and seemingly free of negative energies.
- Prepare paper and pencil or a tape recorder to record messages. You can use
a camcorder if one is available. Using an infrared camcorder in a dim room is a great way to see the energies of spirit.
- Be sure your board is clean and free of dust. Wipe gently with a clean soft
cloth before you begin.
- As spirits love flowers - you might want to place some in a vase of water
near the area in which you are working. Spirits also love water - as they are part of the collective unconscious, which is
the flow of water.
- Use a protective white light of energy to surround yourself, the board, those
you are working with, and even the room. This white light is created by you in your mind. See it coming down into the top
of your head (your crown chakra) and completely surrounding your body - then extend it outwards as far as you would like it
- You can work alone or in a group. If you work with others be sure they are
not negative in their thinking.
- It is best if someone is given the task of making notes for what is being
- Sometimes the spirits argue over who is to come through, so focus on who
you wish to speak with.
- Though spiritual energy enters through the left side of your body - most
people will use their dominate hand to work the board - which in most cases is the right hand.
- You may also discover - as you work with the board - that you can subconsciously
control the movement of the indicator (same as using a pendulum). If you are not sure - close your eyes and allow the indicator
to go where it will.
- Make note that some spirits move across the board quickly, while others go
- One of the first questions you might want to ask when you begin to work with
your Ouija board - is the names of your spirit guides. They are the ones who are here to protect and guide you. Everyone has
at least one spirit guide.
- You can start by asking for a message from spirit - or by asking spirit a
question - such as, ""What is your name?"
- Always start with general questions. Save the personal questions for later
when you are all comfortable with what you are doing. Also, stick to subjects with positive energy at the beginning.
- Once an answer is given you can ask for more information and it is best to
start with simple 'Yes' or 'No' questions.
- Do not continue to ask the question over and over to seek the answer you
want. Ask the question once and accept the answers given. You CAN ask for clarification of the answer. Also, ask simple questions
that can be verified in the next few days to determine if your information is from spirit or form your unconscious mind.
- Questions can be about you personally - or universal or about any topic you
think the spirit would like to converse about.
- When a new entity comes through - always get its name - who they came to
talk to - and what they want go discuss.
- If spirits ask you to do weird things - stop using the board for that session.
Anything negative being written on the board means you must put the board away for that session whether you want to or not.
The entity should leave by your next session - which can be that day or some time later.
- Do not let others use your board when you are not using it.
- Keep the board in a special place of your choosing.
- Do not get addicted to the board.
Note: A word may come through with all of the letters
but in the wrong order. That is why it is best to have someone not using the board - writing the letters as they come through.
A name may come through as ICMAHEL - meaning MICHAEL. Some spirits have trouble spelling words or creating sentences.